Now, I'm not sure if I'm posting this question in the right place, but I'm hoping someone in this comm. could help me since you all seem very ed_ucated ;P
has anybody else experienced very, extremely awful menstrual pains due to unhealthy [disordered] eating? Would the disordered eating have such a large effect during menstruation that would cause:
- Extreme stabbing pains in the lower stomach to the point where one cannot move, period.
- Loss of the ability to speak due to feeling like one's tongue is swelling.
- Numbness in the extremities & face, causing fingers to contract leaving them immobile.
- Extreme nausea + vomitting.
- Cold sweats.
- And in overall such enormous pain, that moving, sitting up, or even standing is impossible.
It seems that almost every month [sometimes every other month] I've been going through all of which I mentioned in one episode and then it's done. It will last for about 30-40 minutes at a time and each time I experience it, I convince myself that I'm dying. Does this in any way relate to my disordered eating? I've self-diagnosed myself with ED-NOS because I, obviously, still get my periods. If not the eating disorder part, are there vitamins I'm lacking? I've semi-recently started using Birth Control and that was promised to help, but hasn't [I've been on it for about 4-5 months]. Can anyone offer any information on the cause of this or point me in the direction of a place that can help me? Thank you so much < 3