ED: NOS. I was severely anorexic, which somehow morphed into bulimia (heavy on the binging, light on the purging), and now I'm back to my awesome anorexic behaviors. Except for I still experience the occasional binge (relieved usually by fasting or the occasional purge), and obviously my BMI is ridiculously high to claim true anorexia.
My biggest pet peeve about ED communities: Where to start?!
- the very words "thinspiration", "ana", and "mia"
- the blatant misuse of the basic terms "fast" and "recovery" (ie: "i was fasting for 2 days cause i ate only apples and bread, but then i binged sooo bad, i was in recovery for like a week! it's so good to be back with ana now")
- almost no one is actually eating disordered, they just want to lose weight
- people who can't type or spell or have a basic concept of grammar
- people who say "just because you're overweight/obese doesn't mean you can't still be ana if you have the mindset!" (um.. YES IT DOES.)
- the idea that eating disorders are cool, a lifestyle, or just a diet
Questions/comments/concerns: This community seems awesome already. I'm excited!